Subject: Re: [boost] concurrent_unordered_map request
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-20 15:35:29

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM, adrien courdavault <
adrien.courdavault_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> You mean lock free?
> Because if I understood well the updated containers with c++11
> standard will be thread safe because of the definition of const.

const container objects can be accessed safely once constructed,
but not non-const containers accessed through a const reference or pointer.
My understanding is that this have nothing to do with the internal
concurrency safety
mechanism of standard containers.

Anyway a lockfree associative container would be great and (if a stable and
efficient
thread-pool implementation was also available) would allow me to remove TBB
from my
dependencies.

Joel Lamotte