Subject: Re: [boost] concurrent_unordered_map request
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-20 15:40:52

On 20 August 2013 14:06, adrien courdavault <adrien.courdavault_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> You mean lock free?
> Because if I understood well the updated containers with c++11
> standard will be thread safe because of the definition of const.

No, they won't.

The are "safe" in the sense that you can call non-modifying functions in
different threads without synchronization as long as no one is calling a
modifying function, but that really isn't the guarantee people are looking
for when they want a "thread-safe" data structure.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404