Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Interprocess] conditions variables get 10 times faster when opening a multiprocess browser
From: Marcello Pietrobon (marcello.pietrobon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-21 01:39:46

Thank you for the last fix Ion.

I've run some tests on it and it has improved the performance, but not
completely.

Clearly this problem is not limited to your interprocess library so I
thought to open a different thread discussion for it:
http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Problems-with-yield-k-workaround-Still-too-slow-td4650929.html

I've done some profiling plus some tests and so it's clear to me that the
test program is still slowed down around the ::sleep(1) instruction.

I am personally content with replacing the value 32 with a value above 1000,
so the resolution to this is not urgent for me (just to take some pressure
of you ;)).

Best regards,

Marcello