Subject: Re: [boost] [RPC] Boost.Asio to write *concurrency ready* code
From: microcai (microcaicai_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-27 14:04:20

2013/8/28 Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]>:
> On 27 Aug 2013 at 12:00, boost-request_at_[hidden] wrote:
>
>> I am *not sure* if anyone else has made such discovery, anyway,
>> comment is welcomed.
>
> What you have discovered is well known I am afraid. Indeed, proposed

Don't say "afraid", I am actually very very happy to see that this
ideal was well known.

I kinda think that what they called *closer execution engine* can
change the way we write softwares.

But I am afraid I don't understand why they wrote Boost.AFIO instead
of helping Boost.Asio.

> Boost.AFIO from this year's GSoC implements an asynchronous chainable
> closure execution engine on ASIO, and you can read documentation on
> how AFIO is equivalent to Google's and Microsoft's WG21 closure
> execution engine proposals here:

So AFIO is an extension to asio ? That helped some sort of explanations ......

Again, I don't understand why they wrote Boost.AFIO instead of helping
Boost.Asio.