Subject: Re: [boost] NuGet packages for boost
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-17 16:36:13

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Ben Craig <ben.craig_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I will continue this conversation on the boost-build list then.

IMO it should stay on this list. The topic is about users being able to
discover, download, and install packages for use with Visual C++, and IIUC
would Microsoft's build engine rather than Boost.Build.

The boost-build list would be a good resource for questions about how we
currently build and test on VC++, but at least for the moment I'd rather
keep discussion on this list. There are some policy questions best rhandled
on the main list. For example,

* While we might want help packaging maintainers, do we actually want to
host package management on Boost? If so, which package management tools?
There are a number of popular ones out in the wild.

* How does NuGet relate to Ryppl? AFAIK, NuGet is just for Windows/Visual
Studio users. So while we wish NuGet well, our long term interest is in
something much broader than any one platform and much broader that just
package management.

--Beman