Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] and_<true_> returns false
From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-19 01:03:05

> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:33:31 -0300
> From: kaballo86_at_[hidden]
>
> The following snippet fails to compile (tested with 1.54.0 and trunk,
> several compilers),
>
> #include <boost/mpl/and.hpp>
> #include <boost/mpl/bool.hpp>
> #include <boost/mpl/or.hpp>
>
> int main() {
> using namespace boost::mpl;
> static_assert(and_<true_>::value, "U KID?"); //this one fires
> static_assert(or_<true_>::value, "U KID?"); //this one is ok
> }
>
> This issue actually showed up in a variadic template scenario. Is this a
> bug? I feel like I'm doing something really wrong...

Not to miss the important part, there is a bug. (A single argument for "and" or "or" should return itself.) Have you put it on our Trac system? You should probably mention this thread; search on one of the mailing list archive sites to find the first message so you can add its link to the bug report.

Daryle W.