Subject: Re: [boost] Boost reviews
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-19 01:59:58

Edward Diener wrote:
> I have not seen any new reviews of libraries for Boost in a long time.
> Is this because:
>
> * There are very few libraries on the review queue.
> * There are no people willing to act as review managers for library
> reviews. * Boost already has so many libraries that an effort has been
> made to
> slow down reviews to a great extent.
> * There is little interest for new Boost libraries in the community of
> developers who follow Boost.
> * The transition to git and ryppl is taking precedence before any new
> libraries will be reviewed.
> * There are not enough reviewers when a library does have a review in
> order to decide whether or not a library should be accepted into
> Boost.
> Or perhaps some combination of these possibilities.
>
> As someone who still would like to see my variadic data library be
> reviewed for possible acceptance into Boost I am most curious to know
> the reasons why no new libraries appear to be getting reviewed
> anymore.

I've been concerned about the review process for some time. There
is all of the above. Also it many cases there haven't been enough
reviewers. There are libraries which have been approved with only
two or three reviews. I've previously stated my reasons why I think the
review
process is flawed so I won't repeat them here. My response is
to create www.blincubator.com. You could post your library there and
let people start reviewing right now. This would give you useful
feedback immediately. If things go well, by the time boost actually
get's around to reviewing your library, it there should already
be a number of reviews already prepared. Please consider
giving this a try.

Robert Ramey