Subject: Re: [boost] NuGet packages for boost
From: Stephen Kelly (steveire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-19 03:08:58

On 09/17/2013 11:10 PM, Ben Craig wrote:
> 3. How should we package this in NuGet? One mega "boost" library, or lots
> of little "boost-thread" style libraries?
> My preference is to do lots of little libraries. This is more work.
> Ideally, we would also mention the dependencies between boost libraries in
> the NuGet package, but I don't currently see any place where these
> dependencies are documented.

Are you aware of the modularization plan for boost?

 https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMakeModularizationStatus

The latest effort I'm aware of is this repo which also contains a port
to CMake:

 https://github.com/boost-cmake/boost-cmake

Note also that even with code in separate git repos, there is currently
a complex mesh of interdependencies between the repos/libraries. The
real work is to do actual modularization of the code:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/243094

Just FYI. There's not likely to be any progress on 'actual
modularization' until I get an svn account, and that is proving
difficult. I don't know the current schedule for moving to split git repos.

Thanks,

Steve.