Subject: Re: [boost] [clang] How to use CLang for Windows?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-23 23:39:40

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Sergey Cheban <s.cheban_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 23.09.2013 5:26, Daryle Walker wrote:
>
> There was a recent conference where the Clang team announced a version of
>> Clang
>>
> > that's supposed to work on Windows (as opposed to kind-of working
> > if you try real hard).
> Currently, it fails to process <iostream> with the following error
> messages:
>
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle RTTI descriptors for type 'codecvt' yet
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle the name of type 'codecvt' into RTTI
> descriptors yet
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle RTTI descriptors for type 'codecvt_base' yet
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle the name of type 'codecvt_base' into RTTI
> descriptors yet
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle RTTI descriptors for type 'facet' yet
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle the name of type 'facet' into RTTI
> descriptors yet
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle RTTI descriptors for type '_Facet_base' yet
> 1>CL : error : cannot mangle the name of type '_Facet_base' into RTTI
> descriptors yet
>
> OTOH, it can process <memory> and <stdio.h> (haven't tried other headers
> yet), use some modern c++ features and produce working executables.

FWIW, I'm spoken to several of the Clang developers yesterday and today at
the C++ standards committee meeting, and they emphasize their interest in
improving support under Windows and would like help in the form of bug
reports as they work out the kinks. They know they have a long way to go,
but seem very interested in doing whatever is needed to make clang work
really well on Windows.

--Beman