Subject: Re: [boost] "Remove obsolete MSVC checks" and _MSC_VER
From: Stephen Kelly (steveire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-26 16:43:26

On 09/26/2013 07:38 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:

>> Maybe if you can get concrete and point out a compiler in
>> config/compiler/* that could have a problem with the above kind
>> _MSC_VER removal, then I might understand.
>
> I can't. I have no idea what compilers in use today (besides Intel)
> define _MSC_VER and to what.

Ok, I think the best way forward is to find out what compiler versions
no longer should be supported, and finding out about the msvc
compatibility of the remaining minimum version. That means bringing this
thread to a conclusion:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/243923/focus=244226

At least Borland and codegear have a msvc mode, according to my grep in
config/compilers.

Comeau does too, but I have no idea if that one has a successor or if it
is so ancient it should be dropped. Any clue?

What can you tell us about intel?

Thanks,

Steve.