Subject: Re: [boost] Review request: Bumping borland, SunPro, mwerks and MPW compiler requirements (Was: Re: Borland and metrowerks compiler requirements?)
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-26 16:47:49

On 25 September 2013 14:20, Stephen Kelly <steveire_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It is not clear what compilers define __BORLANDC__. According to
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2BBuilder#Version_history
>
> 0x6xx may have been released in 2002. Bump the requirement to 0x610,
> as most of the ifdefs in boost are < 600. The strange part is that
> boost config issues an unconditional error if > 0x613, and yet parts
> of boost check for version 0x620 (boost::bind) and 0x630. This
> compiler may be untested for a long time.

The Borland compiler versions aren't the same as the C++ Builder
versions, Version 6 of the compiler is a lot later. I had an email
(this morning) from someone who's still using 5.93. Later versions are
handled by the Codegear config file, which is why that error is never
triggered.

Whichever way, I don't think we should make these changes until after
the next release, they can't be merged to release until then, and it's
a problem to have significant changes in trunk and release in core
libraries.