Subject: Re: [boost] Review request: Bumping borland, SunPro, mwerks and MPW compiler requirements
From: Stephen Kelly (steveire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-27 07:12:17

On 09/27/2013 01:20 AM, Bjorn Reese wrote:
> On 09/26/2013 10:56 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>
>> Do you have any idea what the current version is? Do you have any idea
>> what __BORLANDC__ it defines?
>
> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Predefined_Macros#C.2B.2B_Compiler_Versions_in_Predefined_Macros

Thanks for that.

So, if looks like requiring a minimum value for __BORLANDC__ of 0x610,
as I have in the patch I posted, is reasonable, right? That's the most
recent Borland release. And support for codegear should not change. I
notice codegear.hpp contains this check:

 // CodeGear C++ Builder 2009
 #if (__CODEGEARC__ <= 0x613)

which is the wrong value.

Does anyone have any of those compilers? What is the reported _MSC_VER
for those compilers?

codegear.hpp contains a check for _MSC_VER <= 1200, but that seems to
just be a copy+paste from borland.hpp for very old borland (likely not
0x610). I don't believe codegear 2009 reports itself as MSVC6.

Thanks,

Steve.