Subject: Re: [boost] [clang] How to use CLang for Windows?
From: Jonathan Wakely (jwakely.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-29 11:13:51

On 28 September 2013 21:50, Edward Diener wrote:

> I still do not see a roadmap for using clang with Boost Build under Windows
> to build/test Boost libraries.
>
> Am I supposed to download a Windows snapshot from http://llvm.org/builds/ ?
>
> Am I supposed to get the latest llvm/clang from
> http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html and build it for Visual Studio ( this
> never worked properly in the past and there is no mention of VS2012 on that
> page ).
>
> Am I supposed to use a 'clang' toolset on Windows with Boost Build ?
>
> As usual, with no doubt all the "good" intentions in the world to allow
> clang to be used under Windows, the documentation, explanation, and support
> for clnag under Windows is lacking/minimal.

Sounds like you're expecting someone to have already made this work.
That's not how the bleeding edge of open source works, *especially*
when combining things from different projects on a new platform!

Someone has to figure all that stuff out bit by bit and fix the things
that don't work. If you just expect to download a complete, working
environment then you should wait until someone else has done the hard
work.