Subject: Re: [boost] Review request: Require compiler support for partial template specialization.
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-01 10:14:02

On 01/10/13 14:49, Stephen Kelly wrote:

> I don't understand even the motivation for Mathias' question.
>
> It seems to be a restatement of what I wrote in the commit message of
> the commit I posted, with an added 'basically', and a mistake (5.3
> instead of 5.4, which is what I wrote in my commit message).
>
> I don't know if he simply did not read my commit message at all. If he
> did, he also missed this:

My bad, I went through the diff and looked at what it changed, but
didn't see the commit message at the top.

Anyway I don't think dropping those compilers is a problem.
It would be interesting to see how much of Boost can be simplified by
removing BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION everywhere.