Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-12 04:57:01

Ok - if you have some concrete proposals, please experiment with your

\boost-root\doc\srcboosbook.css

the colors are defined in this section

     /* Links */
        a, a .keyword, a .identifier, a .special, a .preprocessor
        a .char, a .comment, a .string, a .number
        {
            color: #005a9c;
        }

        a:visited, a:visited .keyword, a:visited .identifier,
        a:visited .special, a:visited .preprocessor a:visited .char,
        a:visited .comment, a:visited .string, a:visited .number
        {
            color: #9c5a9c;
        }

        h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h6 a,
        h1 a:hover, h2 a:hover, h3 a:hover, h4 a:hover, h5 a:hover, h6 a:hover,
        h1 a:visited, h2 a:visited, h3 a:visited, h4 a:visited, h5 a:visited, h6 a:visited
        {
            text-decoration: none; /* no underline */
            color: #000000;
        }

There are some useful links to colors in this recent post about coloring text in Quickbook.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5860#comment:11

You could post 'Andrew's Favorite Colors' for user comment?

> Yeah, it would be great if everything had micro examples at the bottom of each page but often the
only
> thing that exists is a unit test. While it isn't a great situation it would be better than
nothing.

IMO, library docs are not complete without at least one working example, including code snippets in
the main text and link to the actual code so users can read and download easily.

Cheers

Paul