Subject: Re: [boost] Permission to proceed?
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-13 08:12:35

On 13 October 2013 12:51, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
<vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Le 13/10/13 10:28, Stephen Kelly a écrit :
>>
>> I'm doing that by writing to this list, right?
>>

> If you don't get the permission from the authors/maintainers or review
> managers explicitly you shouldn't commit.
> If them don't replay, contact them personally.

Well, sometimes a library's maintainer is no longer concerned with it.
In which case we normally just muddle through.

But the main point is that notifications should be sent with the name
of the libraries affected, since a lot of people don't read threads
that don't concern them. Incidentally, this should be easier to mange
with git as we'll be able to use pull requests.