Subject: Re: [boost] Removing support for old compilers
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-13 09:04:37

On 13 October 2013 13:49, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Daniel James <daniel <at> calamity.org.uk> writes:
>

>> On 13 October 2013 13:30, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> wrote:
>> > You want this info to be spoken out oud and easily accessible;
>> > now it is hidden deep into one of your many recent commits (worse
>> > yet, 85275 was commited on your behalf by Daniel, so looking for skelly
>> > is not guaranteed to catch every relevant commit.)
>>
>> Oh sorry. Although I wrote up the changes in the new release notes:
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_55_0.html
>
> Oh, then I'm missing the context. Does this mean that compiler drop
> is effective with Boost 1.55 and Stpehen is just leveraging this
> in Boost 1.56 to clean up code?

Only the changes that that I committed to config will be included in
boost 1.55. They're the ones I listed on the release notes ("new
minimum compiler requirements"). The "candidates for removal" are the
changes Stephen is making now, which I'd rather waited until after the
release. If the release notes aren't clear, please suggest how they
could be changed.