Subject: Re: [boost] Removing support for old compilers
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-13 09:38:38

Daniel James <daniel <at> calamity.org.uk> writes:

> On 13 October 2013 13:49, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> wrote:
> > Daniel James <daniel <at> calamity.org.uk> writes:
> >

> >> Oh sorry. Although I wrote up the changes in the new release notes:
> >>
> >> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_55_0.html
> >
> > Oh, then I'm missing the context. Does this mean that compiler drop
> > is effective with Boost 1.55 and Stpehen is just leveraging this
> > in Boost 1.56 to clean up code?
>
> Only the changes that that I committed to config will be included in
> boost 1.55. They're the ones I listed on the release notes ("new
> minimum compiler requirements"). The "candidates for removal" are the
> changes Stephen is making now, which I'd rather waited until after the
> release. If the release notes aren't clear, please suggest how they
> could be changed.

OK, the situation wrt to Boost 1.55 is perfectly clear then, thank you.
As for the changes made by Stephen, I *think* he's following two
different tracks:

* Cleaning up lib code taking into account the new minimum requirements
on compilers supported (for instance, removing workarounds for
lack of TPS, etc.)
* Proposing additional compilers for removal or going about removing
those announced for removal consideration for in the Boost 1.55 release
notes.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital