Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-13 17:57:16

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 12 October 2013 22:29, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I've also tried to make a sort of "form filling"
>> approach to documentation of at least reference part of the
>> documentation.
>
> I think a kind of a flowchart approach would be helpful:

<snip>

> IOW, a systematic top-bottom approach to documenting.

a little to detailed for my taste. I prefer to focus slightly differently:
Try to agree on what boost accept should contain, and leave the
exact procedure and tools to be used to each author.

> Each of those steps, apart form the last one, do not need to even
> mention any of Quickbook/Boostbook tools in details, but just minimum
> guidelines related to format of choice:

Absolutely agree. The requirements for documentation are separate
from the tools required to creates documentation fullfilling any
agreed upon requirements.

Robert Ramey