Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-13 20:53:22

On 10/12/2013 1:56 AM, Quoth Mathias Gaunard:
>> - The following words are blue:
>> - namespace, template, bool, struct, capacity, template, typename,
>> allocator, class, fixed_sized, queue, spec_queue, stack
>
> It's clearly not the same shade of blue though. The links (capacity,
> allocator, fixed, queue, spec_queue, stack) are closer to a greenish blue.
> Do they appear difficult to distinguish to you?

It doesn't really matter what colour they are (although something
blueish is generally preferred).

The cardinal sin at play here is not showing them as underlined until
they are hovered. (How this practice managed to catch on, I shall never
know, but it is completely misguided and should be discouraged.)

Links should always be recognisable as links with a simple glance at the
page. If they require interaction (eg. mouse hover) then they're much
less discoverable and many people will not realise that links even exist.