Subject: Re: [boost] Boost ASIO - Client Request TCP Help..!!
From: Rahul Mathur (srivmuk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-14 02:32:31

In continuation of above original code, as send() static API worked fine,
now to to set "Keep Alive Option" for the socket, I did tried as -

---
int sockKeepAliveOption = 1;
int n2 = setsockopt(socket.native(), SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDTIMEO,
&sockKeepAliveOption, sizeof(sockKeepAliveOption));
if(n2 == -1)
        std::cout << "Setsocket option Err: SO_KEEPALIVE -- unable to set
keep alive tcp connection." << std::endl;
else
        std::cout << "S0_KEEPALIVE set, with SOL_SOCKET --- Keep Alive
option set." << std::endl;
---
It goes to if condition of "n2 = -1", i.e unable to set keep alive tcp
connection.
Please suggest - How can I correct above to have "Keep Alive option set".
Thanks!!