Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2014
From: Mario Mulansky (mario.mulansky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-16 03:43:43

Hi,

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 01:45:08 AM Sumol Lodha wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Sumol. I'm a 3rd year Computer Science student.
> I am new to Open Source Development and want to explore and experience it.
> I am interested to work for Boost in GSoC 2014. Seeing last year GSoC
> projects of BOOST I would be really interested in working projects related
> to maths and computing.
> Any pointers on how should I go about it ?

I'd say the best strategy is to get already involved with a bost library that
you find particularly interesting. Play around, maybe find a bug, provide a
patch, get involved with the authors. With such insights (and connections) you
will have a clear advantage writing a GSoC proposal next year.

Best,
Mario