Subject: [boost] [git help] Documenting common modular boost workflows
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-19 11:03:04

I think we need to document simple suggested modular boost workflows. Each
workflow could start with the assumption that the steps described in
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/TryModBoost have been completed.

Workflows might include:

    1) Switch to the "develop" branch, fix a minor problem, test, commit,
switch back to "master".
    2) Same as (1) but also push to remote.
    3) Same as (2) but also merge develop to master.
    4) Same as (3) but end by submitting a pull request to the boost
super-project.

I don't mind writing the actual wiki pages, but am a little hobbled by
being a TortoiseGit rather than command line git user, and by never having
worked with sub-modules.

So what would recommended git commands look like for one or more of the
above workflows?

Thanks,

--Beman