Subject: Re: [boost] [git help] Documenting common modular boost workflows
From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 14:57:05

Since a project that’s made of a bunch of sub-repositories that’s later merged is (AFAIK) unusual, I don’t think the writer of gitflow had it in mind.

I’m guessing that each sub-repository independently uses gitflow. When it’s shipping time, the release-merge script grabs from the “master” branch of each sub-repository. Of course, this doesn’t cover multiple libraries that have to work together or what happens when fixing is necessary (probably due to cross-library problems).

And do the test runners work off “develop,” “master,” “release,” or does it shift depending where we are in the release cycle?

Sent from Windows Mail