Subject: Re: [boost] When Boost modularization and Git migration coupling were accepted on this ML?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-20 23:51:03

on Sat Oct 19 2013, "Vicente J. Botet Escriba" <vicente.botet-AT-wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Who gave [S. Kelly] the right to update the whole Boost repository?

I did.

> Was this discussed on this ML or on a specific ML that is not an
> official Boost ML?

Probably not. Steve had posted his patches, but there was little or no
response. In practice, whole-repository improvements only get made by
very brave old-timers because it's impossible to generate
across-the-board approval for a large patchset covering many libraries.
I made an executive decision to trust Steve with the changes he was making.

That is not to say that I necessarily endorse all elements of his plan.
I trust that he won't make any major changes without first generating
consensus.

--
Dave Abrahams