Subject: Re: [boost] [build] bootstrap.sh is still broken
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 13:03:33

[STL]
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2013/10/27025.php

[Rene Rivera]
> Could you post the diff patches as attachments? It's almost impossible to
> deal with inline diffs to apply these. Even though I can't test any of
> this. I'm willing to apply the patches.

Thanks! Download this: http://nuwen.net/stuff/boost-bootstrap.patch

As I explained in my mail, the diff for boost_1_54_0/bootstrap.sh is a
horrible hack and should not be applied. It fixes mingw but breaks everyone
else. I would love to get a real fix for this, but someone would have to
investigate.

The diffs for boost_1_54_0/tools/build/v2/engine/build.jam and
boost_1_54_0/tools/build/v2/engine/build.sh should be applied - they fix
mingw and should not affect anyone else.

[Vladimir Prus]
> And on the mingw topic, I might have missed something, but I think the
major
> issue is still mingw vs. gcc naming inconsistency between bootstrap.sh
> and b2 proper - which is ugly, but not quite a showstopper?

That's what my boost_1_54_0/bootstrap.sh diff is hacking around. It's a
showstopper in the sense that it completely breaks the build, and I haven't
figured out how to evade it with command-line arguments.

STL