Subject: [boost] Reading & Parsing an .ini input file using BOOST... ..!!
From: Rahul Mathur (srivmuk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-22 19:52:08

All,

Need small help. I have an "input.ini" input file which contains sample
values like –

---
App=| 5000 | 5001 | 0 |  |  |  | 1BYTE |
---
Starting with word (viz. App), followed by equal sign, than data within
pipes (|) and blank space between two pipes ( |  | ). Anything only between
two pipes is to be read.
I am looking to parse this input file. After parsing, assign each data to
struct member type and than send this complete struct as socket.
I am looking to use Boost property tree (or the needed one) and finally the
ASIO to send the complete filled struct as stream.
I tried below code to read complete data and it worked but -
---
#include <iostream>
#include <boost/property_tree/ptree.hpp>
#include <boost/property_tree/ini_parser.hpp>
#include <boost/filesystem/fstream.hpp>
int main()
{
  boost::property_tree::ptree pt;
  boost::property_tree::ini_parser::read_ini("input.ini", pt);
  std::cout << pt.get<std::string>("App") << std::endl;
}
---
But, how to read between pipes?
Any clue?