Subject: [boost] [asio] Bug: Handlers execute on the wrong strand.
From: Greg Barron (gregbarron71_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-22 19:56:19

Hi All,

I would like to refer you to this bug report:

I won't paste the full contents of the bug report into this message.
The executive summary is that the allocation algorithm for the
implementation of asio::strand can and does allocate the
implementation of an existing strand to strands that are subsequently
allocated.

This can have the effect that handlers wrapped in strand (b) will
actually be executed on strand (a).

I consider this to be a bug but if there is something that I'm
misunderstanding about the operation of strands it would be great if
you could help me clear it up.

If the consensus is that this is a bug, what are the chances for it to
be included in the 1.56 release? It is probably too late to be
included in the 1.55 release.

I've implemented a work around which could only be described as a hack
and would be embarrassed to show it to anybody. But it gets me over my
hump :).

Thanks!

--
Greg