Subject: Re: [boost] NT2 and Boost.SIMD beta 2 available
From: Fabian Bösch (boeschf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-23 15:17:03

> Boost.SIMD is heading toward API stability. We want to tackle ons ome
> more compile time issues before going for an actual Boost Review.

Dear Joel

I very much like to see your NT2 and especially the SIMD support in
Boost. It looks to me very comprehensible and almost ready to use. Up to
now, I've always written the wrappers myself - of course far away from
boost quality. What I was wondering, did you also considering a vector
of simd::pack which can be accessed either by its simd::pack type or by
the underlying element type? This way, you'd avoid calling the loading
function.
One other thing I was wondering: some implementations of SSE/AVX
(particularly Intel) support additional arithmetic functions i.e. log ,
exp which are absent in other implementations. Did you consider
emulating these functions where absent and dispatching to the vectorized
versions where available?

Cheers,
Fabian