Subject: Re: [boost] [build] bootstrap.sh is still broken
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-26 02:53:54

On 22.10.2013 08:46, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:
> [Vladimir Prus]
>> Well, I do have a Windows box, but last time I checked, there was a dozen
> of flavours
>> of MinGW. Stephan, can you point at whatever packages needs to be
> downloaded to
>> try?
>
> You can grab my MinGW distro from: http://nuwen.net/mingw.html
>
> It's just a self-extracting archive (no installer, doesn't modify your
> system). Note that it's now based on mingw-w64, but the bootstrap.sh
> problems affect both mingw-w64 and traditional mingw.org.

Stephan,

suppose I was living in a cave, and all I've got is Windows XP 32-bit. If I try
your archive I get error that the binaries are 64-bit bits. Does that mean
I'm out of luck? Or I can use either 'standard' mingw or build your distribution
for 32-bits?

But then, it seems like your second and third patches affect only mingw; you know better
whether they are good or not. Can you just commit those, and I'll ask release managers
about merging to release branch.

Thanks,
Volodya