Subject: Re: [boost] [build] bootstrap.sh is still broken
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-26 04:39:59

[Vladimir Prus]
> suppose I was living in a cave, and all I've got is Windows XP 32-bit. If
I try
> your archive I get error that the binaries are 64-bit bits. Does that mean
> I'm out of luck? Or I can use either 'standard' mingw or build your
distribution
> for 32-bits?

My distro 10.4 (see the big table at the bottom of my page) was 32-bit.
It'll probably work on XP, but I can't guarantee that.

P.S. x86 is dead :->

> But then, it seems like your second and third patches affect only mingw;
you know better
> whether they are good or not. Can you just commit those, and I'll ask
release managers
> about merging to release branch.

I do not have commit access, which is why I've been asking for somebody to
check them in. My (non-hacktrocity) patches definitely fix both mingw.org
(32-bit) and mingw-w64 (64-bit), and I am confident that they don't affect
other platforms. (In any event, non-mingw platforms actually receive
testing.)

Thanks,
STL