Subject: Re: [boost] [git] [modular boost] Switchover schedule proposal
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-28 09:16:51

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I'd like to ask you (or anyone else working on the transition to git) to
> post
> a formal email to this list describing the final workflow with Boost for
> the
> developers, when the transition is complete. I know about master and
> develop
> branches and that there were scripts to checkout the monolithic Boost.

I'm trying to put in a couple of hours a day building documentation. You
can follow progress starting with the links in the "Git and Modular Boost"
section of https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki

> But
> there are many more questions that need to be answered, like:
>
> - Will there be a lockdown for master branches during the release cycle?
> - Will there be support branches for particular releases?
> - What branches will be tested?
> - What is the procedure for me applying patches to the libraries I don't
> maintain (e.g. to fix breakage in an other library)?
> - Will we keep using trac for tickets?

I've added you questions and Dave's answers to the "Modular Boost
Frequently Asked Questions" page. See
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ModCvtFAQ

--Beman