Subject: Re: [boost] [math] Contribution and TODO-list implementation.
From: bikineev (ant.bikineev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-31 18:23:35

Thank you for reply.

> I would be interested in looking into new functions such as those related
> to the Lerch transcendental (Zeta, Hurwitz Zeta, Polygamma for wider
> argument range, etc.).

I find it interesting too. Maybe really it is better to start from something
small to study concepts and sides of writing special functions.

> * Has your project of concept been approved?
No, currently I haven't fully formalized project subject yet. But in short
time I should do that and make up small description. It should include next
topics: formulation of the problem, practical value, assessment of labor. In
general I would call the subject as "Development of [math functions or
extension] for Boost.Math, research on problems of numerical implementation"
or something like this.
> * Do you need such approval?
Yes, of course. I think I won't meet serious troubles in my university with
it. Anyway this contribution is interesting to me. It is better to say that I
want to relate contribution with my university work.
> * Do you have a magister (thesis) adviser?
Yes, I have scientific adviser, supervisor. He is not programmer. His real
responsibility is to link my project with department and its professors.
> * What degree are you pursuing with this thesis?
In Russia this degree is called "magister". I think in USA it is called
"master of science".
> * When would you like to begin, if this is feasible?
Starting from the next weekend