Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 05:10:07

On 11/01/2013 09:21 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On 10/18/2013 12:24 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> If the dependencies between repositories are analysed, the result is

snip...

> I'm still at a loss to reason with pushing forward with git migration
> instead of making these changes which have demonstrated edge removal,
> are valuable and are are easy cheap and quick.

Please give some short references or explanation about what you expect
to become harder to do after the migration. I guess if migration plans
are to be reconsidered there may need to be a clear understanding why
the added work or complexity you are implying is worth waiting for.

You should probably propose a new date for git migration with a viable
rationale. Just saying you don't understand why migration is not on hold
is not really fair.

Personally I am thinking you have started an important and large task.
But it is not clear when you will be satisfied. In the meantime someone
else may show up with additional work that need to be done prior to
migration, with tools they know rather than tools they don't know yet.

--
Bjørn