Subject: Re: [boost] [unordered] Visual C++ 2013 initializer_listoverloadfailure.
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-05 07:21:36

Daniel James <daniel <at> calamity.org.uk> writes:

> On 5 November 2013 11:45, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> wrote:
> >
> > Inspecting the log seems like you tried something and then reverted
> > the commit. Didn't it work or did you just prefer to leave the
> > VC bug exposed in wait for it to be fixed by MS themselves?
>
> It didn't work. [...]
>
> My basic idea is to do something like the following and hope that it's
> possible to make the template overload match where appropriate. Might
> also need to use enable_if to prevent some incorrect matches. But even
> if I could get it to work, it could be very fragile. Presumably this
> bug will also affect the standard containers as well, so maybe it's
> not something worth fixing. At least it's a compile error, and not
> silently picking the wrong overload.

This looks serious enough, and, fwiw, there's another library (mine)
suffering from seemingly the same problem:

I've googled a bit and the only relevant reference I found is

http://tinyurl.com/nq89kc2

which refers to a problem supposedly fixed in the final version
of VS 2013. Maybe Stephan is reading this and can shed some light?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital