Subject: Re: [boost] [1.55.0] Release candidate 2 available
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-06 04:35:44

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Andrey Semashev
> <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> For one, I'm very much in favor of such rule, although I don't see how
>> it will work with git.
>>

> Aren't there boost members/maintainers that will have access to all
> official git repositories?
> Authors should be easily able to pull and merge these changes in their work
> repos afterward, if it's a different one.

I can create a pull request, true. But until someone accepts it, the
build is still broken. And if the library maintainer is unresponsive,
this may lead to situations like the one we're discussing.

If there are "supervisors" who have access to all repositories, this
helps but not much. The supervisors may miss the pull request or be
busy with other things.