Subject: Re: [boost] [TypeIndex] Peer review period for library acceptance begins, ending Thurs 21st Nov
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-12 17:38:41

On 12 Nov 2013 at 12:54, Steven Watanabe wrote:

> I'm aware of this bug. link-fail doesn't work with the
> msvc toolset, because there are two separate updating
> actions (msvc.link and msvc.manifest). FAIL_EXPECTED
> currently requires that /every/ updating action fails.
> No one was using it before, so put it at low priority.

That is very useful to know indeed, and explains the problem.

Could a workaround for TypeIndex be to disable the generation of the
manifest file? For unit test executables - especially ones expected
to fail to link - we don't care, so is disabling that second step
possible?

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/