Subject: Re: [boost] [release][1.55.0] Release Notes Additions
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-12 17:33:28

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>wrote:
> Are these binaries compiled with the patches from the release notes?

No. They are from the actual release, I added a readme file to sourceforge
that notes that msvc-12.0 doesn't have a working serialization build and to
look at the release notes for more info.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On 12 November 2013 13:42, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I noticed that the list of compilers tested did not include msvc-8.0, it
> > should be added to the list. I believe it got as much testing as 9.0.
>
> I don't think there were any test results for it when I made the list.
> But it's often hard to tell what's a current tester when most of them
> are faded out. Looking at the test results you're the only person who
> tests 8.0, while 9.0 is tested by others, so it could be that you
> hadn't run your tests when I made that list.

The fade out process isn't terribly long, I think anything you can see on
there has been run within a couple weeks, so for the future I would
consider all of them active.

> > Also, could we add a link below the download section for the windows
> > binaries on sourceforge?
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0/
>
> I'll look into that later. Btw. I'd have probably sorted this out by
> now if I'd had any replies to this email:
>
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/10/206980.php

Sorry about that, it was on my todo list, but never got to the top. I'm not
sure what to do about the getting started guide, the windows version is
rather hard to follow and could really use an entire re-write. Failing
that, we could probably re-add a similar section mentioning that the binary
installers are available from sourceforge.

Tom