Subject: Re: [boost] Any interest in hashing algorithms SHA and/or FNV1a?
From: foster brereton (fosterb+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-13 14:44:49

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Sergey Cheban <s.cheban_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 12.11.2013 22:52, foster brereton пишет:
>

>> Would these algorithms be of general use to the Boost community? If so
>> I would be willing to submit them formally.
>
> It would be nice to have the popular cryptographic algorithms in the Boost,
> but I'm not sure that it is reasonable to reimplement them. It may be
> better, for example, to invite the author of the Crypto++ into the Boost
> community.

You are welcome to start down this road- the Crypto++ authors
invariably know more about the domain than I do. That said, if my
implementations would serve as a stop-gap until they contribute what
they can, so be it.

>> The algorithms are currently part of the Adobe Source Libraries on
>> GitHub:
>> SHA:
>>
>> https://github.com/stlab/adobe_source_libraries/blob/sha_cleanup/adobe/sha.hpp
>
> I'm not a lawyer but I'm afraid that the MIT license is slightly more
> restrictive that the Boost license.

The licensing of the files would have to change. I will follow up on
this, but there has already been talk about moving ASL over to the
Boost license, so if that happens then it would make this issue moot.

-foster