Subject: Re: [boost] typesafe printf with variadic template
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-14 14:37:36

On 14 Nov 2013 at 12:20, Michael Marcin wrote:

> It seems a common example for C++11 and variadic templates is a typesafe
> printf which is supposed to obsolete things like Boost.Format. However
> there doesn't seem to be one usable out of the box.
>
> If this is really a large improvement shouldn't this facility be in boost?

VS2013 doesn't implement enough of C++11 yet to implement typesafe
printf. Once it does (VS2014), I'm sure we'll see it appear somewhere
(maybe in the standard library rather than in Boost. Standard
libraries already define more typesafe C functions when __cplusplus
is defined).

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/