Subject: [boost] concept_check() fails for types from unnamed namespace on gcc 4.2.3
From: Adam Romanek (romanek.adam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-19 02:27:41

Dear Boosters!

I already posted this message to boost-users lists last week but I got
no response. So here we are.

I have a problem compiling some source code that uses Boost 1.54 and gcc
4.2.3 (it's a toolchain for a MIPS platform but that's irrelevant).

Basically there is a problem with checking concepts on types that come
from unnamed namespaces. See the attached code example and compiler
error message. Note that the same code compiles without any problems on
gcc 4.6.3.

I've found a question on boost-dev list [1] and a ticket [2] related to
this particular issue. Note that the ticket was closed with "worksforme"
resolution, which I don't understand - the problem is still out there.

Now since Boost's minimal requirements are gcc 3.3 [3] then should I
consider it a bug that I should report or is it a known issue? In case
the latter is true then what should I do?

[1]
http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/concept-check-fails-with-types-declared-in-anonymous-namespace-gcc-4-2-3-td2645561.html
[2] https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2037
[3] http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_55_0.html