Subject: Re: [boost] [Conversion] Ready to turn off write access to svn?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-19 17:52:53

On 11/19/2013 3:13 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
> vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> I've heard about some documentation that should be written. I'm not a Git
>> expert and I would like some help. Where can I find it?
>>

> Getting started with Git - https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Git/GitHome
> Getting Started with GitHub -
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartGitHub
> Getting Started with Modular Boost -
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/TryModBoost
> Getting Started with Modular Boost Library Development Workflow -
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModWorkflow
>
> These will be updated this week as the final details of the conversion
> freeze into place.

Many thanks for all your work keeping the documentation for Git and
modular Boost up to date.

I had been making some changes to trunk, not release, but I can wait
until after the Git transition to complete my work. When Boost decides
to officially make SVN read-only could you post exactly when this is
going to be done so that I will not try to update SVN after that
date/time. Also once the transition to Git is complete and we should all
be using Git can you post when that occurs, so I can transiiton to Git.

Needless to say I hope all the Boost Git experts will try to answer
questions about the transition if a Git novice like me runs into any
problems.