Subject: Re: [boost] [Conversion] Ready to turn off write access to svn?
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-20 11:54:49

On 2013-11-20 7:41 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> Right.
>
> The key steps are:
>
> * Closing svn for commits. Of course the svn repo will be preserved for
> historical purposes.
> * Shutting down the conversion process, so that the boostorg GitHub repos
> are no longer being overwritten.
> * Opening the boostorg GitHub repos for use.
>
> Each of these steps is preceded by some inspection and testing, and will be
> announced on the Boost list.

What impact does this have on regression testers? Do the regression
scripts handle everything, or do testers need to take some action?
(E.g., installing git.)

I suggest posting to the boost-testing list to give a the testers what
they need to know (and a heads-up). I don't follow this list closely,
and just happened to come across this post.

Thanks,
-Jim