Subject: Re: [boost] [Conversion] Ready to turn off write access to svn?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-20 23:04:56

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 11/20/2013 08:54 AM, Jim Bell wrote:
> >
> > On 2013-11-20 7:41 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> >> Right.
> >>
> >> The key steps are:
> >>
> >> * Closing svn for commits. Of course the svn repo will be preserved for
> >> historical purposes.
> >> * Shutting down the conversion process, so that the boostorg GitHub
> repos
> >> are no longer being overwritten.
> >> * Opening the boostorg GitHub repos for use.
> >>
> >> Each of these steps is preceded by some inspection and testing, and
> >> will be
> >> announced on the Boost list.
> >
> > What impact does this have on regression testers? Do the regression
> > scripts handle everything, or do testers need to take some action?
> > (E.g., installing git.)

Testing will stop showing changes as the work to switch the testing to use
github is not complete. And I don't have the time right now to do that
work. And will not have the time for a few weeks.

> The regression scripts don't necessarily need git.
> There's an option to download a tarball from
> beta.boost.org, instead. However, the regression
> scripts don't currently have any support for git
> at all.

They do. When I first looked at github I really wanted to use that tar-ball
option. But those archives do not work at all with the external/symlink (or
whatever is the name of the subproject references that I can't remember at
the moment).

..Now I need to get back to work on my Alpha deadline.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything