Subject: Re: [boost] [Conversion] Ready to turn off write access to svn?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-22 10:45:43

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> AMDG

>> repos

>> > What impact does this have on regression testers? Do the regression
>> > scripts handle everything, or do testers need to take some action?
>> > (E.g., installing git.)
>>

> Testing will stop showing changes as the work to switch the testing to use
> github is not complete. And I don't have the time right now to do that
> work. And will not have the time for a few weeks.

I briefly checked, while waiting for a contractor to be late, as to the
progress of conversion of the testing scripts. And it's not bad.. I was
almost done with the conversion. Unfortunately I just tested fetching the
main boost git repo and the fetch failed for dulwich doesn't directly
recognize the new relative subrepo paths we are using. So it will take some
minor tweaks to get that part working again. It's only a small amount of
work left at this point.

The regression scripts don't necessarily need git.
>> There's an option to download a tarball from
>> beta.boost.org, instead. However, the regression
>> scripts don't currently have any support for git
>> at all.
>>

> They do. When I first looked at github I really wanted to use that
> tar-ball option. But those archives do not work at all with the
> external/symlink (or whatever is the name of the subproject references that
> I can't remember at the moment).

I should have pointed out that I'm using dulwich. So tester will not need
to install git per se. As we will get dulwich directly for the git part.

> ..Now I need to get back to work on my Alpha deadline.

Alpha was cleared last night :-)

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything