Subject: Re: [boost] [Container] Priority Deque - Refinement
From: tim (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-24 04:22:44

>> [...] I wish to make it part of Boost.Container [...]
>> [...] * The underlying data structure is an interval heap [...]
>
> I think it is worth to consider to make it part of Boost.Heap library (
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/heap.html ).

i'd welcome this as contribution to boost.heap, if you want to integrate
it there. however it provides two features for its priority_queue
implementation, which are currently missing in the priority deque:

* configuration for stable heap order
* mutability

the lack of this functionality may be intended if the priority_deque is
supposed to mimic std::priority_queue ... while boost.heap's data
structures offer more functionality, which may be required by some use
cases ...

cheers,
tim