Subject: Re: [boost] [conversion] Serious header integrity test failures.
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-25 08:18:34

On 25 November 2013 01:56, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> > Argh! That's almost certainly the problem. What is the easiest way to
>> > checkout the develop branch from all submodules?
>>
>> There should be a develop branch in the super repo that references the
>> tip of develop in all submodules. Just check that branch out and "git
>> submodule update," neh?
>>

> Ah! Excellent! That's easier than the script I was using.
>
> And the problem was definitely operator error on my part. Sorry for the
> noise. The corrected run shows four extra files, plus sync missing. See
> attached.
>
> The directory libs/sync is present in my super-project clone but is empty.
> Looking at boostorg on GitHub, sync doesn't have a master branch, so maybe
> is getting dropped on the floor as far as the clone goes?

I just tried:

git clone --recursive -b develop git_at_[hidden]:boostorg/boost.git boost-develop

And that worked fine.

I think you're doing a recursive clone of master and then switching to
the branch. In which case I think you need to use 'git submodule
update --init' to initialise modules on this branch before updating
(untested and possibly wrong).

Will most developers use this though? I imagine they'd check out the
master and then use develop for the modules they care about.