Subject: Re: [boost] Git hardlinks, and developing
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 11:04:33
> 1) I checked out modular Boost as per
> 2) Changed libs/multiprecision to the develop branch also as per
> 3) Added some pending changes from the old SVN Trunk that I didn't commit
> before the changeover.
> 4) Ran the tests and everything failed, even though it was passing on SVN
> The issue was that the headers under boost/ were now *copies* of the last
> release and no longer pointers to the new "develop" code. Interestingly
> some of the hard links were updated when I ran bjam, but apparently not
> all :-(
> Running bjam -a fixes the issue, but it's a very easy trap for the
> unwary.... John.
And another thing....
Ran "bjam -a headers" from the root directory to force the headers to be
rebuilt, and the tests now build and pass OK... except that's a mistake
because I see that old test results that depend on those headers were *not*
rebuilt. So you need to bjam -a from the libs/mylib/test directory as well
whenever you change branches :-(