Subject: Re: [boost] [git-help] Doc. Suggestion: How to setup a custom boost "distribution"
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-02 04:48:11

On 2 January 2014 05:39, Cox, Michael <mhcox_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I had to do the following to remove a library:

My version of git (1.8.5.2) seems to do everything with just 'git rm'.
Although I didn't see any mention in the change log.

> # Removes the superproject's submodule reference and the contents of the
> library directory (but not the directory).
> git submodule deinit libs/<any-library>

This is a fairly new feature (1.8.3), but not actually required in
this case because the module hasn't been initialised. In older
versions it can be done manually by removing the module's entry from
'.git/config'. 'git rm' is required though, to remove the submodule
entry in the index.

It's a little different, but in the past I've used this process:

https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSubmoduleTutorial#Removal

It's at the bottom of the page.