Subject: Re: [boost] Trying modular Boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-02 06:03:10

<snip>

> I've updated both:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Git/GitHome
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/TryModBoost
>
> To try to address those concerns.

Thanks. I'm sure this will help others who are as ignorant/stupid ;-)

> > But (after a frustrating failure to get SSH access to work - in a
> > separate post) I got to the main course using https:

> > Just over an hour (using my nominal 10 mbps living-in-the-boondocks
> > but line-of-sight radio link) - something that should be noted in the
> > docs (along with a strong recommendation to send to a log file)?

> I've done a lot of cloning here during testing, and it is taking 45 minutes on my 3.0 mbps DSL
connection.
> I'm guessing your actual radio link speed is well below 10 mbps or there is some other bottleneck.

(I normally get downloads from Microsoft at 1 Mbyte/second == approx. 10 Mbits/s but there you
go...)

Is the download speed faster using SSH compared to https?

Is it worth continuing to try to get the SSH method to work?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK